It has been a privilege to present industrial water/wastewater projects and research at multiple conferences from 2016 to present, including:
Mel's Writing and Publications
- Communicating Your Skills on LinkedIn - ASCE's Career by Design Forum
- Build a Mentor Relationship in ASCE's eCareerMentor Program - ASCE blog
- How to Network While You're in School for Engineering - LinkedIn
- “Six Lessons in Public Outreach: How social media can change public perception of a utility”, September 2014, WE&T Magazine published by WEF
- Emerging Leaders Alliance - ASCE blog
- You Don't Get What You Deserve: Thoughts on Salary Negotiation for Early Career STEM Professionals - LinkedIn
I am a partner of the Empowering Women in Industry organization. My role in the organization is hosting and producing the Empowering Women Podcast, where I interview women leaders to inspire the next generation of leaders. The Podcast is available on iTunes, Stitcher, and Spotify.
I am also proud of my past podcast, STEMxm, where I interviewed over 25 amazing women for the show. It was gratifying to have a vision and make it come to fruition. I handled every aspect of production from securing guests to interview, cutting/editing audio, and the full-spectrum of marketing efforts. Although I ended this podcast, I learned so much from going through the process. You can view the episode list here and access the podcast on iTunes here.